Welcome!


"A child is a curly dimpled lunatic." Ralph Waldo Emerson
A humorous blog about parenting and the perils and delights of raising kids featuring creative fiction, short stories and tales of a stay at home father and writer.

Glenn lives, writes and raises kids in Ottawa Canada with his partner in crime (and life!) Jo.

I write short stories, humorous commentary and acerbic letters of complaint and am currently working on my first novel, a comedic expose of a suburban karaoke cult.

Glenn and Jo have 3 hilarious daughters and a hypothetical dog upon whom they dote.

We also operate a successful eBay business with over $100,000 in sales and over 8 years in the e-tail jungle. Check out our site in the links section at the bottom of the page.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Baby mile stones!

A baby's explanation of hitting a major mile stone

Milestone accomplished! Suzanne rolls over and experiences the old adage that the grass seems always greener on the other side of the fence.
In her own words:

"Okay ceiling, we've been friends for two months, it’s time for a change. I’m just gonna start with lifting up the knees, like, this…
Wow, my knees are chubby.
And then I’m going to try and lift this GIANT head of mine, hrrrrrr….. 
Okay, feet off the ground, head off the ground now shuffle over to the side and….

Oh, okay, so this is what being on my side looks like.

God I miss the ceiling.

Okay, so the floor is down there, all I have to do is put this leg over here, wave this arm in the air and swing that head around and….. 
Hm, no change, okay, more hand waving, hrrrr.....

I did it! I did it! I did it. ……..

AND I HATE IT! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT! O GOD ITS AWFUL! HELP HELP HELP! DADDY! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING YOU EVIL JERK!

Okay, okay, he’s picking me up, turning me over, oh, good, there’s the ceiling again.
Hi ceiling.
Okay, So I start by lifting up the knees………………………………….."

No comments:

Post a Comment