Welcome!


"A child is a curly dimpled lunatic." Ralph Waldo Emerson
A humorous blog about parenting and the perils and delights of raising kids featuring creative fiction, short stories and tales of a stay at home father and writer.

Glenn lives, writes and raises kids in Ottawa Canada with his partner in crime (and life!) Jo.

I write short stories, humorous commentary and acerbic letters of complaint and am currently working on my first novel, a comedic expose of a suburban karaoke cult.

Glenn and Jo have 3 hilarious daughters and a hypothetical dog upon whom they dote.

We also operate a successful eBay business with over $100,000 in sales and over 8 years in the e-tail jungle. Check out our site in the links section at the bottom of the page.

Friday, April 12, 2013



Sorting through the mail today I caught sight of this post card addressed to my wife.
Hmmm, a dog is hiding behind a toilet while a cat holding balloons seems to be offering me some sort of discount on his services.

“Time flies – this month is your anniversary as a customer of DS plumbing”

Really?  My god, how could we have forgotten!  Does this make it our porcelain anniversary?

“Honey!  Bake a cake it’s our toilet’s anniversary today!”

Exactly one year ago our malevolent toddler quietly stuffed 15 hotel size shampoo bottles in to our toilet and flushed.  No amount of plunging or snaking the drain would help so, in defeat , we called a plumber.  Three hours and several hundred dollars later we bid adieu to the loose-belted gentleman and dearly hoped we’d forget this whole episode.
Which we did, until today, when this taunting reminder came by mail.

But maybe this isn’t about us, maybe it’s about the poor toilet who suffers in relative silence year in and year out.  Maybe this is a congratulations on being free of clogs for one year. 

I’m picturing a church basement somewhere where old plumbing fixtures sit in a circle; “Hi, my name is toilet and I’m a plugger.  I’ve been clog free for one year now and thanks to everyone here, and my sponsor DS plumbing, well, I’d just like to say, I couldn’t have done it without you all.”  Much hugging and tears ensue…

So I think I’ll write a letter back to DS Plumbing, on behalf of our toilet to thank them and later today, when seated upon said throne, I’ll think back to that glorious day when an evil toddler conspired to bring DS plumbing in to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment